You have rights to object: You may ask to us stop using your personal data for direct marketing and where we use of your personal information on the basis of our, or another person’s, legitimate interest. You can find out more information in section 7.
- Basis for processing personal data
- Categories of personal data we collect from you
- Uses made of the personal data
- Where we store personal data
- Risks and how we keep your personal data secure
- Period of storage
- Your rights under data protection law
- Links on our Website
Basis for processing personal data
- Paragraphs 1.2 – 1.9 below explain how and why we process your personal data, as well as the legal bases on which rely for carrying out this processing.
To perform a contract we have entered into with you or take steps in
order to enter into contracts with you: Where you use the Website, we
will process your personal data to provide the Service to you as
- creating and administering your HomeViews account, and to enable you to login on subsequent visits to the Website;
- where you make an enquiry in respect of a listing published on our Website (including through the listing page itself or via our chat feature), passing on your data to the relevant developer who can then contact you directly about your enquiry;
- where you are a business customer and you have requested it, to send you a copy of HomeViews’ Insights Reports;
- administering any promotions and competitions you enter that we may run from time to time;
- any other processing necessary to enforce our Terms of Us
To make the Website better: We will also process your personal data in
order to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by
displaying goods we believe you will be interested in, based on your
use of the Website and browsing habits). This processing means that
your experience of the Website will be more tailored to you, and that
the content you see on the Website may differ from someone accessing
the same site with a different purchase history or browsing habits. We
also use various cookies to help us improve the Website (more details
share your personal data with third party analytics and search engine
providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the
Website.We will also process your personal data for the purposes of
making the Website more secure, and to administer the Website and for
internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis,
testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To provide customer services to you: We may also process your personal data in order to provide various supporting customer services to you (such as where you contact us with a question in connection the Service or the Website). The legal basis on which we process your personal data in these circumstances is your consent. If you do not provide us with the personal data we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
For marketing purposes where:
- you have opted in via the Website to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided; and/or
- you have opted in via the Website to receive marketing communications from third parties, we will process your personal data by transferring it to the relevant third party, in each case, the legal basis on which we process your personal data is your consent. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes, and you can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed in this way at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Personal Data” in the subject line or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link in every marketing communication you receive from us.
If our business is sold: We will transfer your personal data to a
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (at all times in accordance with data protection legislation); or
- if HomeViews Streets or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by HomeViews Streets about its customers will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser.In each case, the legal basis on which we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of your personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
- In certain circumstances we may also need to share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
We may also share your personal data with third parties or authorise
third-parties or categories of third parties to collect and process
your personal data on our behalf, such as:
- suppliers who distribute surveys on our behalf;
- suppliers who conduct business analytics;
- service providers who provide customer services on our behalf;
- suppliers who provide information technology and office services, including software and website development, website hosting, management and evaluation, exchange and cross referencing;
- subcontractors, such as payment providers, as well as credit reference agencies for the purposes of assessing fraud, credit and/or security risks;
- companies that assist us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities, including partnerships and teaming efforts with other companies whose products or services we think you might enjoy;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
Such processing may be necessary for example, to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party service providers have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- We may also disclose and use anonymised, aggregated reporting and statistics about users of our website or our goods and services for the purpose of analytics, internal reporting or reporting to our group or other third parties, and for our marketing and promotion purposes. None of these anonymised, aggregated reports or statistics will enable our users to be personally identified.
Categories of information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal data:
Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits
to the Website we will automatically collect the following
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you when you use the Website, or when other users post content relating to you. We are also working closely with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers) from whom we may also receive information about you.
We do not process any special categories of personal data, meaning
personal data revealing:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership;
- genetic or biometric data that uniquely identifies you;
- data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation; or
- data relating to criminal convictions or offences or related security measures.
Uses made of the personal data
- We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we store personal data
- The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and/or stored on servers located outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) including to the USA. It may be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Further details on to whom your personal data may be disclosed are set out in section 1
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data
particular, any transfer of your personal data made by us to a
location outside of the EEA will either:
- in the case of US based entities, be to an entity that is registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov);
- in the case of entities in other countries outside the EEA (including the US), such entity has entered into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with us.
Further details on the steps we take to protect your personal data, in these cases is available from us on request by contacting us by email at email@example.com at any time.
Risks and how we keep your personal data secure
Period of storage
We keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. The length of time we retain personal data for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Your rights under data protection laws
You can exercise any of your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Personal Data Request” in the subject line.
- Right of access – You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your personal data which we are processing.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
- Right to restriction – You have a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal data in certain specific circumstances.You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive your personal data in structured, standard machine readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another controller.
- Right to erasure – You have a right to ask us to delete any personal data which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us.
- Right to stop marketing – You have a right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct-marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal data for this purpose.
- Right to object – You have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal data where we process your personal data on the basis of our or another person’s legitimate interest.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period allowed by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, for example if we need to keep using the data to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
You must be aged 18 or over to use our Website and Service. Our Website and Service are not directed at children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from visitors in this age group.
If you are under the age of 18 and we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal data from you from our Website or from any other source, then we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are aware that we may have inadvertently collected personal data from a child under the age of 18.
Links on our Website
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties including our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that you will leave the Website and these websites are then responsible for how they process your personal data and should have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check the privacy policies of these third party websites before you submit any personal data to them.
In accordance with Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, you may also make a complaint to the data protection regulator in the country where you usually live or work, or where an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation has taken place. In the UK, the data protection regulator is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through the courts if you believe your rights have been breached.